So the marathon is in 4 days.  And I don’t want to run it.  Taper always sucks the motivation out of me.  Doesn’t help that the weather will be less than ideal.  It is hot and humid and it’s supposed to stick around through the weekend.

Since I haven’t registered yet, I have many options. Run the marathon but don’t care about time.   Just run the half.  Wait and do the next closest marathon which isn’t for 3 more weeks (need at least one more long run then).  Or don’t run either the half or full.  I don’t want to feel like I wasted my training though.  There are a plethora of 5ks but marathon training doesn’t exactly equal a fast 5k time.  I have even considered running an ultra soon instead but I don’t want to make travel plans and deal with logistics.

I’m waiting it out for now.  I can still register at packet pickup on Saturday.  But I work Saturday and wouldn’t get there until right at the 5 p.m. cutoff.  Hopefully I will have made a decision by Friday.


%d bloggers like this: