I guess it’s time that I start lying at 100 percent

Well I try to post every Monday, but yesterday was a busy day.  I started off with a 10 mile run that was supposed to be 8, but I am still trying to do one 10 miler every week, so I kept at it.  I ran a couple miles on the treadmill, went outside and actually felt pretty good for just over 4.  I finished the run on the treadmill and then quick hopped in the shower so I could make it to my 32 wk appointment.  

That seemed to go well, and the doctor decided to schedule my c-section for the 30th of September.  It’s a Tuesday.  Sounds like a good enough date for me.  Not sure what time of day, guessing he does them in the morning.  Going in and knowing I’m going to be cut open is a bit more nerve racking than deciding to do it when you’re already in labor and nothing is progressing.  

After my appointment I hit up the Bell for some breakfast.  A nice healthy start to the day eh.  I had another appointment with the University for an ultrasound and this time it took about 15 minutes total.  Everything looked good and we were free to go and have this baby without any other consultations.  They estimated her weight at 4 lbs 4 oz, so I have a feeling she’s going to be bigger than Red.  

After that, we went to the River House for lunch.  I was still pretty full and/or bloated from taco bell, but I managed to put away some fried pickles and a cuban.  Such a pregnant lady lunch but I would have ordered that pre pregnancy anyway.  Then we picked up Red and attempted to entertain her until I had to work at 4.  She is non-stop lately.  And she doesn’t nap.  She sleeps about 10 hours a night, which is 2-4 hours less than recommended.  It is a bit exhausting.  Going to be a lot worse in about 7 weeks.  She crashed at about 9 last night, which is early for her.  

This morning I started running on the treadmill and felt terrible.  I planned on heading outside at some point, but I ended up staying on the mill.  I had to get off at 4 miles and take a bathroom break that helped a lot.  I think I have acid reflux at night that wreaks havoc on my tummy in the mornings.  I ran another 3 miles then stopped for water and Red woke up.  It was just 6:45.  I really wanted to do 8 today, but it just wasn’t in the cards.  

I have decided to stick with a fairly consistent running schedule of doing 10, 8, 7, 7, 7 and taking two rest days.  The 10 milers make me feel pretty stiff but the 7s and 8 aren’t bad.  I will probably have to adjust this in a couple weeks and bring my mileage down even further. It’s weird that I was able to hit 50 miles so many times this summer and now, suddenly, I’m just too achy and tired to do more than 40.  My IT band finally started acting up again.  So that’s fun.  Also, my pace has fallen suddenly to 8:15 average.  Even on the treadmill.  I struggled with 7.3 mph today.  I know this is par for the course and I was probably running slower last pregnancy.   

%d bloggers like this: