I am a wolf in a children’s story.

It’s 34 degrees out!  Tahiti, it’s a magical place.

(Actually it’s grey and foggy as hell out.)

I ran outside in the first time for like 2 weeks and my legs could feel it.  But it also felt so glorious to be drinking in fresh air, so I finished my long run and inadvertently did almost an extra mile.  That’s what happens when my phone acts up and I can’t use GPS.  I underestimate my running routes.

I woke up at 5 to get my long run in a day early.  It has been raining/misting most of today and tonight it will freeze over, so I decided to get my run out of the way in case it is too icy to run outside tomorrow.  I started out around 5:15 with 2.5 miles on the treadmill while watching the Mindy Project.  It was an ok episode, not as good as usual.  Then I threw on my coat, hat, and gloves and grabbed my phone.  Of course my phone was blank and i had to ditch it, but not before cursing it, banging it on the counter, and breaking it’s cover.  Very frustrating because I was in a time crunch.  I headed out and loved the cool, but not too cold air.  I kind of forgot about the fact that most of the side roads and sidewalks are covered in a good layer of snow and slush.  It sort of feels like running on sand or mud.  My ankles are a bit sore from running on the the uneven surfaces.  I did a 5.5 mile loop and considered stopping at my house for some water, but continued on and did another loop that was almost 4.  By the end I was scoping some fresh snow for hydration.  I wasn’t sure how far I had gone, so I hopped on the treadmill for another half mile and decided I had surely run 12 by then.  So I logged onto  runkeeper to map out my run and it ended up being close to 12.8.

I finished right at 7 and quickly went upstairs to shower.  Red was up and came in to the bathroom, so I grabbed her some milk and my Kindle and let her watch Cartoon Network in the bathroom while I showered and got ready for the day.  Then I got her dressed and we were in the car by 7:40 to drop her off at the babysitters.  If I hadn’t got stuck behind a slow car on the way back, I would have made it to work on time, but instead I showed up at 8:03.  No biggie.  Ate my breakfast in my office.  Hectic start to the day but I didn’t really mind it.  Some days work is the most relaxing part of my day.  I have a feeling today might be one of those days.

%d bloggers like this: