10 Running Questions
1. Best run ever: I have a horrendous memory but I love running the snow so I remember some snowy runs where it was falling from the sky and I was climbing over giant piles. Super fun.
3. My go-to running outfit is: Nike mesh shorts and whatever soft vintage shirt I can find
4. Quirky habit while running: I hate wearing the dry max cool weave moisture wicking shit. I also always end my treadmill runs on xx:03. Those 3 seconds are killer.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning. I used to only run at night but now I run in the morning. I just like to run in the dark because it’s super safe and I hate sunlight.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: I will pretty much always run outside unless it’s lightning. A nearby lightning strike knocked my shoe off and the piss into my pants one time.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: My IT band messes with my knee so I wear one of those bands during every run. Is pregnancy an injury? I really only took 2 weeks off after my c-section.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I ran the Bix 7 while 34 weeks pregnant. It’s super hilly and always hot so people thought I was stupid, but I took it easy and was just fine.
9. Next race is: The Quad-Cities Marathon next Sunday. My goal varies between 3:30 to just freakin finish
10. Potential running goal for 2013: I want to dominate some 5ks under 20 minutes and PR a half mary